School Rules & Regulations
The school has established the following uniform codes for the school students. All students are required to come dressed accordingly and neatly to school. If attired otherwise they will be sent back home and penalties levied. Each student should have at least two pairs of uniform to enable them to attend school in a clean and tidy manner on all working days. All students should wear full white uniform on Mondays. On all other working days the following dress codes will be observed.
Boys : White striped shirt with grey shorts
Girls : White striped frock and black shoes & black socks
CLASS I TO V
Boys : White striped shirt with grey shorts.
Girls : Grey pinafore, White checked Blouse, black shoes & black socks
Matriculation & Higher Secondary:
Classes VI to VIII : White striped shirt and grey full pant
Classes IX to XII : Grey full pant & white striped shirt with belt
Classes VI to VIII : Grey skirt with box pleat, white striped blouse.
Classes IX to XII : Grey salwar, white striped kameez & coat.
Saturdays the students must come in their respective sports uniform with white canvas shoes and socks.
Participants representing the school for any sport event will have to wear sports uniform. The students are required to wear house color uniform for Sports Day function and Physical Education classes.
As part of our Non Academic Programme we train children in varied activities. The pupils of the School are divided into four groups called Houses in order to inculcate in them a sense of loyalty to a group and promote a healthy spirit of competition in all school activities and to develop in them qualities of leadership. The Houses are named after four Daring Animals. The following colours are assigned to the Houses:
- FALCON - GREEN
- TIGER -YELLOW
- JAGUAR - BLUE
- STALLION – RED
The students should come to school on time. Students who come late will not be permitted to attend the classes and Rs.10 fine will be collected per day. Regular late coming students shall be noted. The students should bring their parents and meet the concerned class teachers regarding late coming.
- STD I – STD V
- STD VI – STD XII
- Saturday - 8.30 AM to 12.00 PM
- Special Classes : 3.40pm to 5.00pm
Monday-Friday - 8.30am to 1.00pm
Lunch Break -10.30am to 10.50am
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 3.00pm
Lunch Break - 11.50am to 12.20pm
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 3.30pm
Lunch Break - 12.00pm to 12.35pm
Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month will be working days.
Code of conduct for Students
- Students not in proper uniform will not be allowed to attend classes/special classes.
- No exemption will be given to anyone except on religious ground
- Students who come late to school will be marked absent and fined Rs. 10 per day.
- If absent repeatedly, they will be suspended from the school.
- No student can leave the school premises during the school session without the permission of the Principal.
- Absence from the school during any period or part of the session without permission is liable for punishment and penalty.
- Strict silence is to be observed during morning assembly, while going and coming from the class rooms, during Prayer and at the time of any meeting held in the school.
- Loitering in the corridor should be avoided.
- Home assignments are to be completed every day without fail.
- English being the medium of instruction, students are encouraged to communicate in English in the classrooms with their teachers and fellow students. In case of repeated absence or prolonged absence (exceeding 10 days) without any leave letter, the students name will be removed from the rolls.
- Unit tests will be conducted every Month for each subject. Mid-Term tests, Quarterly, Half yearly and Annual Examinations will be conducted for all classes.
- After each exam Progress cards are issued to the parents on open days notifying the marks obtained, aptitude, behavior and the fields of improvement.
- The progress cards should be returned to the school within three days of issue, signed by the parent or guardian, failing which a fine of Rs. 25/- per day will be collected.
- Students with 90% of attendance alone will be allowed to appear for the Public Examination in Std X and XII and Students with less than 85% attendance will not be promoted to other classes but for valid reasons.
- Progress cards spoilt or lost must be replaced by a fresh one on payment of Rs.40/-
- Students must be polite and respect their teachers and elders.
- Practical jokes and bursting of crackers is not permitted in school.
- Indiscipline, disobedience and disrespect towards members of the staff despite repeated warning will be expelled from school
- Sufficient warnings justify instant dismissal.
- A student who indulges in cheating or malpractice in school tests or examinations will be suspended from school. If repeated, the student will be expelled from the school.
- Use of foul language and impolite behavior will be severely dealt with.
- Students are strictly forbidden to bring in objectionable literature into the school.
- No student should be a member of any external organization without obtaining permission from the Principal.
- No student shall take part in any outside political activity without the knowledge of the Principal.
- The students should keep the classroom and premises neat and clean.
- Students should refrain from chewing sweets or gums in the classroom.
- Waste must be disposed off in the dustbin or the litter boxes kept in the campus.
- Pupils should always bear in mind the good name of the school
Note for Parents / Guardians. We want your wards to be successful, so work with us
- Send your child in clean uniform to school and on time.
- Ensure that your child has completed his/her homework/assignments.
- Meet class teachers / HM / Principal at least once a team.
- Schedule meetings in advance preferably after 3.00 PM.
- Enquire, Sign and return any circular, answer papers when sent. This is for you to know about certain information on your child’s progress.
- Be concerned about the safety of your child. Please ensure that your child does not adorn gold jewels or bring any other valuable articles to school. The school cannot take up responsibility if anything is lost.
- Pay by cheque or pay by cash at the Karur Vysya Bank in the stated hours. Only the clerk at the counter office is authorized to receive the fees and issue receipts.
- Pay fees on time and avoid penalties and suspension. Arrears of fees should be cleared before the terminal examinations. The defaulters will not be permitted to take their examinations.
- Do not permit your child to carry a cell phone to School.
- You may access Alagappa school website, www.alagappaschools.com to know about your child’s progress, School Activities, payment notifications, special class timings, General Notices etc.
- Kindly extend your co operation for the holistic development of your child.